Submit Data |  Help |  Video Tutorials |  News |  Publications |  FTP Download |  REST API |  Citing RGD |  Contact   

[Polymorphisms of FcgammaRIIA, FcgammaRIIIA and FcgammaRIIB in patients with immune thrombocytopenia and their clinical significance].

Authors: Zhu, Y  Zhuang, Y  Yang, GH  Qiang, XF  Yang, L  Shen, YF 
Citation: Zhu Y, etal., Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2013 Feb;21(1):135-9. doi: 10.7534/j.issn.1009-2137.2013.01.028.
Pubmed: (View Article at PubMed) PMID:23484707

This study was aimed to investigate the correlation of FcgammaR polymorphisms with the susceptibility, severity and efficacy of immunotherapy for patients with immune thrombocytopenia (ITP). PCR and DNA sequencing were used to determine the polymorphisms of FcgammaRIIA, FcgammaRIIIA and FcgammaRIIB in 44 ITP patients, and in 97 healthy control subjects. The results indicated that FcgammaRIIIA-158V/F polymorphisms between patients and controls were statistically significantly different (P = 0.015); among FcgammaRIIIA genotypes, the frequency of 158V/V homotype was higher in ITP (P = 0.005). However, the FcgammaRIIA-131H/R or FcgammaRIIB-232T/I polymorphisms were not significantly different between patients and controls; there were no correlation of FcgammaRIIA, FcgammaRIIIA and FcgammaRIIB genotype frequencies with the platelet counts or the courses of ITP; among the 38 ITP patients who received treatments, the complete response (CR) rate was 42% (16/38), and partial response (PR) rate was 34% (13/38). The therapeutic response was significantly different between FcgammaRIIIA-158V/V homotype and 158F/V heterotype (P = 0.034). The CR of patients with 158V/V homotype was obviously lower than that of patients with 158F/V, but the frequencies of FcgammaRIIA and FcgammaRIIB genotypes not correlated with the responsiveness to treatment. The CR rate of 6 patients treated with rituximab was 67%, and PR rate was 17%. The overall response rate was as high as 84%, the adverse reactions were not observed. It is concluded that the polymorphism of FcgammaRIIIA-158V/F, but not FcgammaRIIA-131H/R or FcgammaRIIB-232T/I, correlates with the patient susceptibility and therapeutic response of ITP.


Disease Annotations
Objects Annotated

Additional Information

RGD Object Information
RGD ID: 11352255
Created: 2016-07-12
Species: All species
Last Modified: 2016-07-12
Status: ACTIVE


RGD is funded by grant HL64541 from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute on behalf of the NIH.