This brief video will show you how to use the prototype of RGD's upgraded SNPlotyper tool to identify informative (i.e. polymorphic) markers between strains.
Dr. Simon Twigger will demonstrate how to:
- select a genomic region to analyze
- choose two or more rat strains to compare
- create a graphic or tabular view of the results
- distinguish between polymorphic and non-polymorphic markers
- view genotype data for individual rat strains
- download the results
Access the tool itself by clicking the "Genome Tools" tab above. The SNPlotyper tool uses data generated by the STAR project. For more information about the project, click here.